What a Delicious Swing on a Lasagna Recipe
I was at a party for a friend .Her Mother made a Seafood Lasagna and it was delicious . It was the best lasagna . She was a sweet lady .
When I asked for the recipe she answered that it was very expensive to make . I told her it was alright . I never received the recipe .
That was her way of not sharing .So glad to find this recipe today
Prep Time: 20 mins Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins Yields: 8
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 c. half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 1/2 c. clam juice
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 (16-oz.) container ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 (8-oz.) packages lump crab meat
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Lay noodles flat on a greased baking sheet, using parchment paper for stacking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season shrimp with salt and pepper then add to skillet. Cook until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Return skillet over medium medium heat and melt butter. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute, then whisk in half-and-half and clam juice. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes. (Sauce should coat the back of a wooden spoon.) Stir in ½ cup Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, remaining ¼ cup Parmesan, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble lasagna: Spread a thin layer of sauce in a large baking dish and top with a layer of overlapping noodles. Spread ricotta mixture over noodles, add a layer of shrimp and crab meat, cover with sauce, then sprinkle with a layer of mozzarella. Repeat for three layers total, ending with the mozzarella.
- Tent with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until golden and bubbly, 15 minutes more.
- Garnish with more parsley, then let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
215 953 8800
215 953 8818
cell anytime 215 820 3376