When Life Gives You Lemons Find A Positive Use For Them
Here are some Helpful HouseHold Tips for Lemons
Do Something Great With the Delightful Citus Fruit
Got lemons? Do something great around the house! Here are our favorite household uses for these tart citrus fruits:
- Toss used lemons into your garbage disposal to help keep it clean and smelling fresh.
- A few drops of lemon juice in outdoor house-paint will keep insects away while you are painting and until the paint dries.
- Remove scratches on furniture by mixing equal parts of lemon juice and vegetable oil and rubbing it on the scratches with a soft cloth.
- Mix one part lemon juice and two parts olive oil.
- To clean piano keys, make a lemon juice and salt paste and wipe them. Rinse with a clean wet cloth.
- To renew hardened paintbrushes, submerge them into boiling lemon juice and simmer for 15 minutes, then wash it in soapy water.
- To remove dried paint from glass, apply hot lemon juice with a soft cloth. Leave until nearly dry, and then wipe off.
- Rub kitchen and bathroom faucets with lemon peel. Wash and dry with a soft cloth to shine and remove spots from hard water, soap residue, or lime scale.
- Create your own air freshener: Slice some lemons, cover with water, and let simmer in a pot for about an hour.
- Fish or onion odor on your hands can be removed by rubbing them with fresh lemons.
- Deter squirrels and cats from digging in the garden by burying citrus rinds just under the surface of the soil.
- After a shampoo, rinse your hair with lemon juice and water to make it shine.
- To remove rust, scrub with one tablespoon of lemon juice mixed with two tablespoons of salt.
- Clean copper pots by rubbing with a paste of lemon juice and salt. Rinse with hot water, and polish dry.
- Clean cutting boards with a cut lemon half. For stains, use coarse salt to help scrub.
- Rub dull glassware like cloudy coffee pots or pitchers with lemon juice.
- Polish brass and aluminum with a paste of lemon juice and cream of tartar.
- Whiten shoes or socks by spraying them with lemon juice and placing them in the sun.
- Add half of a lemon to the dishwasher and your dishes will come out sparkling and spot free.
- And my favorite thing to do with lemons.....
~ Wayne & Jean
Union County, NJ - a great place to live and work!
All opinions, information and data provided is deemed reliable but is subject to errors and omissions. Not intended to solicit other Brokers' clients. We cooperate with them fully.